July 24, 2014
If you have a Facebook business page, it’s no news to you that Facebook practically hates us. Okay that’s harsh, but thats what it feels like! They once provided us with this fabulous thing called free marketing! But the days of it being ‘free’ are long gone, and boy does it suck! When I first started this business, 90% of my clients came from Facebook, and the other 10% was word of mouth. Of course I do as much as possible to get word of mouth spreading more like wildfire, and for the most part, its starting to! But what do we do when what used to be our biggest money maker, our biggest free marketing tool, is starting to change so drastically?
The number one thing I’ve noticed is the more our posts are viewed, liked, commented on and shared, the more people we’re going to “reach” — and thats what we want, to reach more people! If you think about all of the people you’re friends with on Facebook, mixed with all of the (probably) HUNDREDS of pages you’ve “liked” along the years, it won’t come as a surprise to you that you can’t possibly see every photo or status update by each of these people/pages. Facebook won’t allow it — the content goes somewhere… who knows where, but we don’t see ALL of what’s posted each day!
If you’re a follower of my work and you like what you see (which goodness I hope you do), you would be doing me a huge favor by being active on my page! :) To make sure you’re seeing what I post, make sure you’re receiving my notifications! You can do that by clicking “Get Notifications” under the “Liked” button on my page (example below)! I’d be so very very appreciative and hope you’ll continue to come along with me on this beautiful journey!
Design by West + Free Co. Photography by Jami Thompson Photography